First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
startup error code:0x80090006 ,,unable to locate activation code
Today xp computer with sp3 unable to login in user account. get error code:0x80090006,, unable to locate error code.. This computer has been in use for several years .. problem started this morning , was ok when used yester day.. event viewer shows a problem at D\comxp_sp2\com\com1x\src\events\tier2\service... 23 Apr 2010 23:21
XP product key on netbook label almost unreadable
Hi all, I am about to reset an XP netbook back to factory settings. Unfortunately the license key printed on the label on the base has two or three of letters that are not very clear. I ran the Jelly key finder and found the key in the registry. Unfortunately it does not match the key on the label which leads... 24 Apr 2010 01:37
0x000000D1
my system is xp pro sp3, my pc keeps randomly crashing, the blue screen message stats: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1 (0x00000006\2\0\0xb7e0b508) please heip, i have restored and i have wiped clean, checked that all drivers are installed, only to have it crash minutes later. -- NeVeR say NeVeR ... 23 Apr 2010 23:21
Help - Taskbar problem
Is there any easy way to fix the WinXP registry, so that the check mark on Taskbar "Show Quick launch" does not vanish automatically? Both my Laptop and PC are behaving that way. It is quite frustrating. Any easy way to fix this? Appreciate help. ... 23 Apr 2010 12:52
Internet Explorer 7 wont install
Hi all Im trying to install Internet Explorer 7 on a newley installed OS as its a clean install. I have installed all my main programs first like drivers and software and now im trying to install IE7. I dont want to install Internet Explorer 8 or higher as I dont like them, previously I have installed IE7 before on... 23 Apr 2010 09:43
.exe files not working - on 2 different machines in 2 different places in one night.
I'm using Norton 360 on both machines. On my machine, all the dozens of shortcut links on my desktop have lost their color and their ability to start the associated .exe program. I have to associate with the program, but the computer won't remember that the next time. ... 23 Apr 2010 04:31
USB to Serial Converter. Working fine - now Disabled?!
Bizarre issue last night - I'm working away configuring a Cisco router when bham! the whole laptop crashes. Its a HP with Windows XP Pro on it. Frustratingly I have to power off and reboot. Since the reboot my USB to serial converter just doesn't work anymore. In Device Manager it shows up with a Red X on it. Whe... 25 Apr 2010 05:31
McAfee Security Suite Glitch
Hello All! I have MacAfee and did not notice any problems on my non-networked machine. The only unusual thing is that they downloaded *two* separate "updates" on Wednesday that I applied at 3PM and 7PM. -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.veri... 23 Apr 2010 15:00
Computer Startup
Please bear with me while I try to explain this. Yesterday when I started my computer it went through the usual start up. First the OEM boot screen folowed by a dark screen and no hard drive activity then the Windows XP boot screen appears with the green scanning bar, then welcome, etc. Today when the computer... 23 Apr 2010 21:43
Event Viewer Service Control Manager Error
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. I have most everything stopped for performance, I don't know... 24 Apr 2010 11:42