First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
speed up the boot
I am looking for some suggestions. I have Vostro with a dual core processor & 4 g ram. I have a substantial amout of software installed which makes booting a 15 minute process. I was wondering if I could create a small network where the main computer would access a server for the software. I know most softwar... 20 Mar 2010 10:58
MsTechnet question
When I browse the http://technet.microsoft.com site from the MS Internet Explorer the pages are broken with no scroll bars, and now down arrow or page down functions. However if I browse "any other site" including http://support.microsoft.com or http://www.microsoft.com using the same MS Internet Explorer browser ... 20 Mar 2010 13:14
Duplicate Toolbar
"hbiz0" wrote: This is an issue not covered well in any Windows Support info. Sometimes reboots and installations just seem to cause extra toolbars in XP. To delete a toolbar it is not necessary to play with the registry. Just do as follows: 1) Right click in any unclutered area of the task... 19 Mar 2010 10:49
Please help ref IE 8 64/32bit versions
Hi I am running Windows XP Pro 64bit and use IE 8 for web browsing. For some unknown reason my default browser has become the 64 bit version of IE. How do I make IE 8 32 bit version become my default browser as the 64 bit version does not display some web pages correctly. Thanks ... 19 Mar 2010 09:19
System Restore Problem
I am currently running WinXP Home Edition Version 2002 with Service Pack 3 on an ASUSTeK laptop with 1.5GHz and 504MB of RAM and had some recent problems after installing AVG anti virus. I decided to restore my system to an earlier point when I had Norton Anti-Virus software installed and the system was still r... 20 Mar 2010 01:48
Blank DVD-R problems
my winxp home edition suddenly stopped "seeing" blank discs - it WILL play dvds (even burned ones), audio cd, data discs, but won't recognize blanks. There is no option for blank media in Autoplay also, tried Nero9 (latest), ImgBurn, Dvd Shrink, (rememering to uninstall accordingly) to no avail - any ideas? ... 18 Mar 2010 23:29
bsod error message
my daughter turned on her laptop and got the bsod at first it didint have any messages she was able to boot to windows and received a message that the user interface faulire in dll.msgnia.dll. then it wouldn't show a display she tried again and got bsod and this message PSN-list_corrupt. i googled but the onl... 18 Mar 2010 20:08
Windows Update problem
Every 2 minutes I keep getting the yellow shield pop-up "updates available" (I have it set to notify me, not automatically) I keeps saying I need Excel 2002 and Word 2002 security update. Funny thing tho- I don't have 2002, I have Office XP. Plus I keep checking "Don't remind me of these again", yet it keeps remin... 18 Mar 2010 01:36
Loads of GREAT SOFTWARE ( 20,000 plus programs DVDS and CDs)
Loads of GREAT SOFTWARE ( 20,000 plus programs DVDS and CDs) IP Location, RISK and DECISION ANALYSIS with @RISK, shoemaking ( shoemaster, forma, procam ), Sophisticated storage management software PoINT Jukebox Manager V5.0 SP3a with full slot/device activation and addons, Jukeboxes ( Asaca, ASM, BDT, DISC, DS... 17 Mar 2010 08:00
Is it the Sound Card or the Speakers?
I notice that funny noises sometimes come out of my digital speakers, even when the computer is off. But my biggest problem is that the speaker volume often swells and dimishes for no reason. It is not in the content and when I use my earphones, attached to the analog out of my Sound Blaster, the sound is fine. ... 19 Mar 2010 13:14