First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Wireless config acting up
I recently had my Verizon FIOS system rebooted by verizon due to a crash in the system. I had two XP laptops and a Mac laptop all working on my wireless network, using 128 bit encription. Since the reboot, I've had problems. Verizon thinks it's a router issue, but I'm not sure what's going on. The Mac works... 7 Mar 2010 17:23
1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no... 9 Mar 2010 22:40
System Commander and WinXPSP2
The Doctor wrote: Here it is: I installed WinXP SP2 on my G: drive along side with Win2k no problem under SysCmdr9 . In WinXP I restored SC only I forgot to tell it that WinXPSP2 was installed. I can now only boot in Win2K on the G: drive. What do I need to tell SC9 that WinXP is on the G... 7 Mar 2010 11:50
ps2 KeyBoard Port is not working
Hi, My PS2 Key Board port is not working. I have checked it all but i think it it damaged. I have usb Keyboard but My windows is not working. I want to install the windows. How I should do this. How i could install my windows using boot mode. ... 10 Mar 2010 04:13
File Sharing
I rarely move/copy files across networks, so I'm not that familiar with file sharing 'rules'. Long ago, I used to use NetBEUI and a hub <g>. Yesterday I needed to move about 10GB of files from one machine A (XP Pro) to machine B (XP). I have a wireless router with SSID "codenine". Machine A connects to code... 5 Mar 2010 23:59
XPS viewer
XPS viewer cannot open an XPS document from Microsoft.It tells me to get FRAME NET,(Roxio is using it)when I do that it tells me that I already have the latest version.Why the hustle with this document? ... 3 Mar 2010 16:27
Restore points
I have Windows XP Home SP3 on my 6 year old computer that has been working quite well todate. I discovered today that my System Restore program does not seem to work correctly. When I set my own restore point it works OK but the restore points it automatically creates itself every day do not work. What could b... 4 Mar 2010 18:06
Windows really really slow to start
espee2 wrote: I tried the "Diagnostic Startup" in msconfig and that erased all my restore points (there should be a warning for that by the way) Trying Diagnostic Startup in msconfig does *not* erase any Restore Points. You seem to be leaving out some important information. Perhaps you are referring to Dis... 3 Mar 2010 19:49
Persistent folders on desktop
Using Windows XP/SP3. I have some folders on my desktop which are empty that I'd like to get rid of. I put them there myself but even when I delete them they return when I restart the computer. How do I get rid of them? Renaming & trashing doesn't help. Nor does emptying the Recycling Bin before rebooting. I... 2 Mar 2010 16:59
For what are "desktop.ini" files? Can I delete them?
On 02 Mar 2010, cypy(a)live.com (Cindy Parker) wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: What is the purpose of them ? They contain preferences and setting for the folder. You can open them up with a text viewer or editor to see what kind of information they contain. If you delete them, the folder will ... 2 Mar 2010 13:34