From: bj on
Using Windows XP/SP3. I have some folders on my desktop which are empty that
I'd like to get rid of. I put them there myself but even when I delete them
they return when I restart the computer. How do I get rid of them? Renaming
& trashing doesn't help. Nor does emptying the Recycling Bin before
rebooting.

I don't even know where/how to search for this problem! I've tried as many
versions of the question as I can think of.
TIA
bj

From: Elmo on
bj wrote:
> Using Windows XP/SP3. I have some folders on my desktop which are empty,
> that I'd like to get rid of. I put them there myself, but even when I
> delete them, they return when I restart the computer. How do I get rid of
> them? Renaming & trashing doesn't help, nor does emptying the Recycling
> Bin before rebooting.
>
> I don't even know where/how to search for this problem! I've tried as
> many versions of the question as I can think of.
> TIA
> bj

Maybe this:

30. Windows XP Doesn't Save User Settings

Also look for the folder name on the hard drive.. it might be listed
under the Administrator Desktop, and repopulating from there.. just a
thought, no reason to think that will work, really.

--
Joe =o)