First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Reserving space on hard drive for later XP install
I bought a new two-terabyte hard drive. I want to use it as a data drive for now. In a few weeks, I intend to upgrade to a new motherboard with a triple core CPU. At that time, I want to do a clean install of XP on the new drive. How should I partition my new drive so that I can put XP on it and boot from it ... 31 Mar 2010 12:08
cidaemon.exe - indexing for over 2 weeks - pls help
A PC of mine running XP SP3 (all updates etc) has been running slow - a couple of weeks ago I identified cidaemon.exe apparently using 99% CPU most of the time. The PC is too slow to use effectively (eg a new explorer tab takes about 20secs to open) I understand that this is part of the indexing process but as i... 29 Mar 2010 20:21
window resizing problem
On my wifes computer, she works from home, logs into a virtual computer via IE. and has multiple windows open at once not maximized to see them side by side. (Not multiple instances of IE but the program she logs into) If she goes to the office she still logs into the same virtual computer. When she is at the offic... 29 Mar 2010 17:00
ftp not working on one xp computer
Hello I have a Windows XP PC, SP3 and ftp does not list folders. You can login, connect but as soon as you try to list folders it just times out. It is the same with IE, the command line ftp client and FTP Explorer. I have no firewall running. It is the same for any ftp site. Other computers on my LAN ca... 29 Mar 2010 18:08
Computer hanging up after putting in stand-by mode
I have I.E 8 and Windows XP. Often I put my system in stand-by or hybernation mode. After a few hours when I come back to ascess my system, I find that when I click on a web link or open up a new browser I will get an hour glass & have to wait awhile before the page loads. Often, I won't be able to load a pa... 29 Mar 2010 11:23
expiration du mot de passe
Bonjour Depuis quelques jours, sans que je ne l'ai demand�, j'ai le message suivant au lancement de XP: "Le mot de passe expire dans 15 jours , voulez vous le changer maintenant ?" Pour le changer il faut conna�tre l'ancien....et je ne le connais pas ! Je ne veux pas me trouver bloquer dans 15 jours ! Que ... 28 Mar 2010 19:00
ntfs security
(running XP pro sp3, 32 bit windows) I am trying to get underneath the sharing and ntfs security ramifications. Please correct my below summations where they are incorrect. 1. When you first create a user account you are given two choices of the account type, Administrator or Limited. 2. Then if I run %windir... 29 Mar 2010 11:23
Search Function Disabled (Partly)
Dear All, I've got a friend of mind has asked me why his Search function from Right Click and from Start Menu has stopped working, if he navigates to a folder and clicks search from the top bar, he's able to search, but not from any other way. I had a little search around (via google) and any results I'd tur... 30 Mar 2010 20:45
reg frag
Guys I want to make mspaint the default application for opening bmp files on a machine basis, what reg key do i need to edit? Thanks ... 28 Mar 2010 12:23
switching users
(Running XP Pro sp3 on Gateway Laptop, 64bit AMD processor, 32 bit windows.) Having trouble switching user accounts (logging off goes somewhat smoother but has intermittent problems. So I go into User Accounts->Change the way users Log on or off and I check the Allow fast switching and also check Use Welcome screen... 27 Mar 2010 10:52