From: Scott on
Guys I want to make mspaint the default application for opening bmp files on
a machine basis, what reg key do i need to edit?

Thanks

From: Peter Foldes on
Right click a bmp and select Open With. Then select Paint and select always open
with

--
Peter

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:55:59 -0000, "Scott" <scott(a)bt.com> wrote:

> Guys I want to make mspaint the default application for opening bmp files on
> a machine basis, what reg key do i need to edit?

Do not edit the registry. Simply right-click *any* .bmp file, click
"Open with," choose Paint, and be sure to check the box "Always use
this program..."

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Scott on
I have 80 computers to do on

From: Peter Foldes on
Suggest you get started. Need info on the setup of the 80 (network from single
server,etc,etc,etc)

--
Peter

"Scott" <scott(a)bt.com> wrote in message news:4otrn.303667$2R.81000(a)newsfe11.ams2...
>I have 80 computers to do on
>

> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:55:59 -0000, "Scott" <scott(a)bt.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Guys I want to make mspaint the default application for opening bmp files on
>>> a machine basis, what reg key do i need to edit?
>>

>> Do not edit the registry. Simply right-click *any* .bmp file, click
>> "Open with," choose Paint, and be sure to check the box "Always use
>> this program..."
>>

>> --
>> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
>> Please Reply to the Newsgroup
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: switching users