From: RB on
(Running XP Pro sp3 on Gateway Laptop, 64bit AMD processor, 32 bit windows.)
Having trouble switching user accounts (logging off goes somewhat smoother but
has intermittent problems.
So I go into User Accounts->Change the way users Log on or off
and I check the Allow fast switching and also check Use Welcome screen, since
they are not checked. However I then get a msg that says
Automation Server Can't Create
and the previous checks do not hold. Obviously I must not have something loaded ?
Appreciate any help.

From: glee on
"RB" <NoMail(a)NoSpam> wrote in message
> (Running XP Pro sp3 on Gateway Laptop, 64bit AMD processor, 32 bit
> windows.)
> Having trouble switching user accounts (logging off goes somewhat
> smoother but
> has intermittent problems.
> So I go into User Accounts->Change the way users Log on or off
> and I check the Allow fast switching and also check Use Welcome
> screen, since
> they are not checked. However I then get a msg that says
> Automation Server Can't Create
> and the previous checks do not hold. Obviously I must not have
> something loaded ?
> Appreciate any help.

Use the .vbs script available for download on this page:

Error "The specified module could not be found" while using the User
Accounts applet
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/useraccerror.htm

Related:

Error "Automation server can't create object" while changing the User
Account picture
http://www.winxptutor.com/userpicerror.htm

and

Error "Automation server can't create object" while viewing the system
information in Help and Support Center
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/23/1/Error-Automation-server-cant-create-object-while-viewing-the-system-information-in-Help-and-Support-Center.html

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: LD55ZRA on
You might have some third party tool installed to monitor Wireless
connection rather than using Windows Zero Configuration tool and Monitoring
tool.

Please confirm whether you have any third party wireless tool installed. I
am not talking about drivers but the tool itself that allows you to view
"Available Wireless Connections".

hth

--

LVTravel <noone(a)none.com> is a convicted paedophilia from Johnstown, USA
and has been outed under Megan's Law. Please report him to your local

From: RB on
Yes I do have a broadcom wireless utility. It works good, but I have suspected
it for other problems and tried in the past to uninstall it but it seems impossible.
On reboot it reinstalls itself without my input. And more than once I have tried
to install the Windows Zero Config tool in the control panel and it gets to the
point where it says it may not be able to install on some hardwire configs and
then it just stops.
Am I missing something ?

From: RB on

>"glee" wrote
> Use the .vbs script available for download on this page: Error "The specified module could not be found" while using the User
> Accounts applet
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/useraccerror.htm

Thank you ! This script actually worked and fixed it perfectly. I was sceptical
since I had already found and ran some regsvr32 bla bla files that did not fix it.
Ramesh also has a lot of other good stuff at his site.