First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
CD and DVD issues
XP Home, used HP Pavilion 521n computer I'm not an expert, have searched and see a number of posts that the Samsung DVD/CD SD 616 is not a winner, I am seeing that it does not recognize a CD, when it should. Properties, Device Manager, everything seems normal. Advice on this? I also hope to salvage the CD ... 23 Apr 2010 08:41
bsod
xp home sp3 dual core 1 gb ram bsod irq unequal have looked in device manager all devices working properly no conflicts i have eclosed the event error log from applications source vss event id 5013 volume shadow copy service error,shadow copy writer removable storage manager ... 21 Apr 2010 14:40
Printer sharing problem on XP
2pc's side by side running XP SP3. PC #1 had an HP IIP+ via parallel and an HP k8600 via usb. This worked fine. We added PC#2 and wanted to be able to print from it using shares on PC #!. They both show up in Explorer on PC#2 when I drill down into Network Places and click on PC#1. Regardless of how I try to ma... 16 Apr 2010 14:00
deleting temp web files
When I delete the temporary internet files with the Iexplorer menu of Tools->InternetOptions->General->DeleteFiles Does this delete said files only for the current User account logged on? Or does it delete said files for all user accts on machine ? ... 17 Apr 2010 07:29
MCE - TV plays 1 second then pauses 1/2 second, continuously
This is a software, hardware, and setup problem - so I cross posted it. Hardware/Software/firmware/drivers: ------------------------------ Windows XP SP3 Media Center Edition (MCE) w/all current updates, Pinnacle PCTV 800i HD PCI card (coax cable from DirecTV satellite tuner), ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card,... 21 Apr 2010 23:59
Windows XP Pro will not boot
When trying to restart Windows I get to the XP opening screen, then a popup box appears. It says "Autochk not found." then it restarts to the boot screen. No matter how I configure the settings, the CD drive, and the floppy drive will not start either the XP disc, or the setup discs. I am also not able to use... 21 Apr 2010 04:18
update979683 problem
I always keep my updates set to automatic, but notify me first. A few months ago I had one update that just kept showing up again and again and seemed to not be able to install. It was 975xxx something can't remember. Finally I just cancelled it since it never would hold, and then the rest of my updates kept on up... 16 Apr 2010 04:02
Windows Security Warning
In outlook express I get windows security warning when opening a file Windows found this file is probable harmful. To help protect your computer windows has blocked access to this file.I have searched for an answer for this and my outlook express security is the same as on a second computer which doesn't have t... 15 Apr 2010 17:00
error messages
I don't have a DELL, I have a Nexlink, and I am getting the message you show in #4, so I don't have Dell OMCI to uninstall. Any other ideas? "shoeguys" wrote: Can anyone offer any help with the following error messages? I am using only a fraction of my HD and have plenty of memory.. this is a new system. ... 15 Apr 2010 09:11
Microsoft Tries to Avoid Windows Blue Screen Repeat
< I am definitely fearful of Windows Updates. I do a manual creating a Restore before doing an update. My other laptop is still down from the damage of KB977165.> -- Microsoft Tries to Avoid Windows Blue Screen Repeat Gregg Keizer Apr 14, 2010 5:09 am http://www.pcworld.com/article/194205/microsoft_tr... 16 Apr 2010 08:23