From: grhen on
2pc's side by side running XP SP3. PC #1 had an HP IIP+ via parallel and an
HP k8600 via usb. This worked fine. We added PC#2 and wanted to be able to
print from it using shares on PC #!. They both show up in Explorer on PC#2
when I drill down into Network Places and click on PC#1. Regardless of how I
try to make the connection I couldn't get the connection to work on the HP
k8600 but it did work on the HP IIp+.

So after wasting over an hour I decided to attach both printers to PC#2 and
share back to PC #!. The same results occurred. I can print to both printers
from the pc they are attached to but the other PC will only print to the HP
IIP+. IF the HP IIP+ is not attached I still cannot make the K8600 connect
via a shared connection. I have tried using the "connect" command from
explorer (the easy way), using the add printer wizard, creating a new port to
//pc_name/printer_share_name, and also writing a batch file for the startup
group using the NET USE command. All to no avail.

Is it possible XP will only share 1 printer per pc via USB? To conect to
PC#2 I had to use a Para-USB adapter. Though that wouldn't have been the case
in the original setup from on PC#1

Does anyone have a suggestion, I have used the latest updated drivers,
downloaded all XP updates, etc, etc, etc. I am out of ideas.
From: "db" databaseben at hotmail dot on
you might try a
parallel to usb
adaptor.

but I wouldn't waste
my money trying to
get the parallel to
work as a shared
printer.

the other method is
to create a file on
the one pc then copy
it or move it to the
pc with the parallel
printer and print it
from there.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"grhen" <grhen(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE8832CC-4357-4BAF-8913-244681AB1056(a)microsoft.com...
> 2pc's side by side running XP SP3. PC #1 had an HP IIP+ via parallel and an
> HP k8600 via usb. This worked fine. We added PC#2 and wanted to be able to
> print from it using shares on PC #!. They both show up in Explorer on PC#2
> when I drill down into Network Places and click on PC#1. Regardless of how I
> try to make the connection I couldn't get the connection to work on the HP
> k8600 but it did work on the HP IIp+.
>
> So after wasting over an hour I decided to attach both printers to PC#2 and
> share back to PC #!. The same results occurred. I can print to both printers
> from the pc they are attached to but the other PC will only print to the HP
> IIP+. IF the HP IIP+ is not attached I still cannot make the K8600 connect
> via a shared connection. I have tried using the "connect" command from
> explorer (the easy way), using the add printer wizard, creating a new port to
> //pc_name/printer_share_name, and also writing a batch file for the startup
> group using the NET USE command. All to no avail.
>
> Is it possible XP will only share 1 printer per pc via USB? To conect to
> PC#2 I had to use a Para-USB adapter. Though that wouldn't have been the case
> in the original setup from on PC#1
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion, I have used the latest updated drivers,
> downloaded all XP updates, etc, etc, etc. I am out of ideas.

Pages: 1
Prev: deleting temp web files
Next: bsod