First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Partitioning
If XP is already installed, do you have to remove it in order to setup a zero-sector DOS BOOT or do any of the partition programs move stuff out of the zero sector? - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Noth... 12 May 2010 10:16
Text Browser
Can you open NOTEPAD or WORDPAD readonly? I tried setting the default program for some DOS info files as the old VIEWS program or the LYNX browser and XP won't allow it. I also tried Internet Explorer, which is too slow to start up. I'm just afraid opening with NOTEPAD will accidentally change something whil... 13 May 2010 13:50
Add Remove print out.
Hi, I need to be able to print out a list of all my installed programs. I go to control panel (IE8) and view the Add/Remove programs page. It scrolls so not all is showing on one screen. I need a printout of all. Is it possible to get a print out, is there a program I can get to do this? This is very important... 12 May 2010 23:40
jerky mouse on log in screen??
Hello Weird problem, for some reason my system has developed a jerky mouse on the log in screen. Once logged in, the cursor moves smoothly and what not, but when the system goes to sleep and I move the mouse to wake it up the mouse jerks across the screen to click on my account. I can eventually get on my ... 12 May 2010 10:16
Music and video suddenly problematic
I'd been watching sports clips on ESPN and able to listen to CDs with Media Player. Last week, the videos stopped playing. Today, music began to fail. On the video front, I can still watch shows on Hulu, but ESPN just leaves a blank window (I use Firefox). As for the music, it's died on two of three fronts. W... 11 May 2010 16:48
Svchost.exe stays at 50%
The problem started after I found out that adobe reader was not working. I went to add/remove programs and repaired the program. During this, the computer froze for a little bit and I exited out of the repair. After this, my CPU runs at a baseline of 50% instead of the usual 0% I have tried disabling windows update ... 23 May 2010 09:12
How Can I Set Up Shared File On Home Network
My wife and I share a wi-fi network at home, each of us with our own pcs running Windows XP SP3. Is there any way, or any instructions, for setting up a file which we can both access from each of our pcs, each with the ability of updating the file. The file that I want to have dual access to is the Palm Pilot s... 12 May 2010 08:03
Fonts & Colors Messed Up
After getting a black task bar in IE* I was given a link to a MS site witrh a fix for the problem It involved invoking high contrast via ALT + SHIFT + Print Screen. Good news is that when I exited the high contrast mode the task bars were normal. Bad news is that all my colors and fonts are now messed up. Prob... 11 May 2010 14:33
Yellow screen on boot
When I'm booting in XP Sp2 I get a yellow screen just before the Desktop loads. No great problem but it seems to be staying there for longer and longer. Are there some temporary Windows files that need deleting? John. ... 14 May 2010 06:16
USB COM4
Will a DOS program find COM4 if the USB USR modem says it is on COM4? What about DOSBOX? - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homel... 17 May 2010 19:08