From: John Whitaker on
When I'm booting in XP Sp2 I get a yellow screen just before the Desktop
loads. No great problem but it seems to be staying there for longer and
longer. Are there some temporary Windows files that need deleting?

John.

From: Jim on
On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:21:46 +0100, "John Whitaker"
<john(a)whitaker7.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>When I'm booting in XP Sp2 I get a yellow screen just before the Desktop
>loads. No great problem but it seems to be staying there for longer and
>longer. Are there some temporary Windows files that need deleting?
>
>John.

Tried updating to SP3 ?
From: John Whitaker on

"Jim" <bojimbo261(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:21:46 +0100, "John Whitaker"
> <john(a)whitaker7.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>When I'm booting in XP Sp2 I get a yellow screen just before the Desktop
>>loads. No great problem but it seems to be staying there for longer and
>>longer. Are there some temporary Windows files that need deleting?
>>
>>John.
>>

> Tried updating to SP3 ?

Sorry, my mistake. I'm already on SP3,

John.

From: Twayne on
In news:tnoiu5t13k44h962siq2sh8f8c90e4fedb(a)4ax.com,
Jim <bojimbo261(a)googlemail.com> typed:
> On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:21:46 +0100, "John Whitaker"
> <john(a)whitaker7.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> When I'm booting in XP Sp2 I get a yellow screen just
>> before the Desktop loads. No great problem but it seems to
>> be staying there for longer and longer. Are there some
>> temporary Windows files that need deleting?
>>
>> John.
>>

> Tried updating to SP3 ?

SP3 would have nothing to do with that symptom. Don't know what it is,
though several things come to mind along the lines of the video drivers.

From: John Whitaker on
I loaded IE8 and that solved it. Strange.

I first loaded IE8 some time ago, had all sorts of problems with it and had
to put 7 back.. It seems they've been cured.

John.

Pages: 1
Prev: USB COM4
Next: Fonts & Colors Messed Up