From: AB on
After getting a black task bar in IE* I was given a link to a MS site
witrh a fix for the problem It involved invoking high contrast via
ALT + SHIFT + Print Screen. Good news is that when I exited the high
contrast mode the task bars were normal. Bad news is that all my
colors and fonts are now messed up. Probably partly my fault, as
tried to change 1 item that didn't revert to normal after the high
contrast and wound up messing up lots of other settings.

Have only been using Control Panel -> Display -> Appearances ->
Advanced. But that doesn't cover some items and don't understand what
some items are. For instance, I've still got bolded icon labels even
though it's not selected.

Can anyone help me reset this before I chuck my Dell to buy a Mac?

Thanks!!
From: Elmo on
AB wrote:
> After getting a black task bar in IE* I was given a link to a MS site
> with a fix for the problem It involved invoking high contrast via
> ALT + SHIFT + Print Screen. Good news is that when I exited the high
> contrast mode the task bars were normal. Bad news is that all my
> colors and fonts are now messed up. Probably partly my fault, as I
> tried to change one item that didn't revert to normal after the high
> contrast and wound up messing up lots of other settings.
>
> Have only been using Control Panel, Display, Appearances,
> Advanced. But that doesn't cover some items and don't understand what
> some items are. For instance, I've still got bolded icon labels even
> though it's not selected.
>
> Can anyone help me reset this before I chuck my Dell to buy a Mac?
>
> Thanks!!

Try Display Properties, Themes, change to a different theme, then change
back to the one you prefer.

--
Joe =o)