From: vjp2.at on
Will a DOS program find COM4 if the USB USR modem says it is on COM4?

What about DOSBOX?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

From: philo on
On 05/09/2010 08:03 PM, vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> Will a DOS program find COM4 if the USB USR modem says it is on COM4?

A definite "maybe" give it a try and see

From: pcs365_12 on

no it won't find that coz, when any device or service is using any free
com port its gets upadated in devices list as being used.

--
pcs365_12
pcs365_12's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/217271.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Brian Gregory [UK] on
"pcs365_12" <pcs365_12.4asspc(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> no it won't find that coz, when any device or service is using any free
> com port its gets upadated in devices list as being used.

Irrelevant gibberish.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
ng(a)bgdsv.co.uk

From: Brian Gregory [UK] on
<vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote in message
> Will a DOS program find COM4 if the USB USR modem says it is on COM4?

Not in real DOS (ie just DOS with no other OS running).
At least not without some very clever DOS drivers which, as far as I know,
don't exist.

> What about DOSBOX?

Maybe.
I think it depends on how the DOS program is written, but in my experience
there's a pretty good chance of it working pretty well.