First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
printer sharing
hi i have my printer attached (via usb) to my desktop running xp i want to print from my laptop via a home network i have tried this dozens of times but can't get it to work i'm beginning to think that my home network is at fault. cound someone run through this for me to see what i'm doing wrong please? -- ... 27 Apr 2010 21:20
I having trouble installing Windows XP Pro 32 bit
I having trouble installing Windows XP Pro 32 bit which I have never had problems until now. After Installing Windows Xp Pro 32bit SP3 downloaded all of the updates. It boots into Windows when updating everything, but now a message ups which I have never seen and don't understand WHY? ~~~~The message says:... 27 Apr 2010 20:14
my admin users are not shown on the welcome screen
hi. good time. first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). then i disable the built-in administrator. and i logoff the windows. now i cannot login to widows. please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. good luck. ... 26 Apr 2010 12:39
Playing DVD's
I can play commercial movie DVD's on my XP Pro SP3, but it sees nothing on DVD's I have recorded. Both Windows Media and RealPlayer say I need decoders or something like that. The recorder/player (Toshiba) plays them, of course. Is this just a case of Toshiba trying to capture a market by making their record... 17 May 2010 12:26
Having trouble accessing Windows XP Computer from Windows ME ViaNetwork
My Main Computer is Running Windows ME. I am trying to fix a friends Machine with Windows XP. I can see the Machine via my Network but can't get files to transfer. I did set file sharing on both machines. I can talk to my Win 98 Machines OK. I remember that there was a FIX that one had to put on the XP to let it... 26 Apr 2010 12:39
Error message - can't create new folder on external HDD.
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupte... 26 Apr 2010 17:14
Laptop Advent 7109
Hi All , I have a Advent Laptop 7109 and a few weeks ago it all went haywire and i now can't do anything with it and all I get is a black dos screen and also I can't get into safemode or anything. I get the following message: The following file is missing windows root\system32\hal.dll I don't have a disk for... 26 Apr 2010 18:23
IE8
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online - even though I'm connected. The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxx... 24 Apr 2010 15:02
IE8
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online - even though I'm connected. The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxx... 24 Apr 2010 15:02
Windows Exploreer problem
All of a sudden I can not right click without getting an error that widnows explorer was closing. I recently installed Norton 2010 - has anyone discovered a problem with Norton? How can I address this? Thanks ... 27 Apr 2010 08:47