From: Chris on
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm
unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online -
even though I'm connected.
The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net
through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxxxxxx updates.
After that I was unable to bring up the expolrer. I thought maybe if I
uninstalled and then reinstalled IE8, it might fix it. When I went to
uninstall IE8 there wasn't a remove button in the Add/Remove for it.
Has anyone run across this kind of thing? Any fixes?
Thanks,
--Chris.
From: Bruce Hagen on

"Chris" <Chris(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm
> unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get
> online -
> even though I'm connected.
> The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net
> through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxxxxxx
> updates.
> After that I was unable to bring up the expolrer. I thought maybe if I
> uninstalled and then reinstalled IE8, it might fix it. When I went to
> uninstall IE8 there wasn't a remove button in the Add/Remove for it.
> Has anyone run across this kind of thing? Any fixes?
> Thanks,
> --Chris.

Internet Explorer General Newsgroup.

In your Newsreader: