From: TJBuss on
I having trouble installing Windows XP Pro 32 bit which I have never had
problems until now. After Installing Windows Xp Pro 32bit SP3 downloaded all
of the updates. It boots into Windows when updating everything, but now a
message ups which I have never seen and don't understand WHY?
~~~~The message says: [ Windows connot find 'C:Documents'. Make sure you
typed the name correctlyy, and then try again. To search for a file, click
the start button, and then click Search.] ~~~~
What update or Windows program would ask this message? Asking for
Documents? Why? This message pops everytime it boots into Windows at login!
If I redo the OS install the updates this pops up again? Please Help!!!!
From: philo on
TJBuss wrote:
> I having trouble installing Windows XP Pro 32 bit which I have never had
> problems until now. After Installing Windows Xp Pro 32bit SP3 downloaded all
> of the updates. It boots into Windows when updating everything, but now a
> message ups which I have never seen and don't understand WHY?
> ~~~~The message says: [ Windows connot find 'C:Documents'. Make sure you
> typed the name correctlyy, and then try again. To search for a file, click
> the start button, and then click Search.] ~~~~
> What update or Windows program would ask this message? Asking for
> Documents? Why? This message pops everytime it boots into Windows at login!
> If I redo the OS install the updates this pops up again? Please Help!!!!

Clean install or repair install?
From: VanguardLH on
TJBuss wrote:

> I having trouble installing Windows XP Pro 32 bit which I have never had
> problems until now. After Installing Windows Xp Pro 32bit SP3 downloaded all
> of the updates. It boots into Windows when updating everything, but now a
> message ups which I have never seen and don't understand WHY?
> ~~~~The message says: [ Windows connot find 'C:Documents'. Make sure you
> typed the name correctlyy, and then try again. To search for a file, click
> the start button, and then click Search.] ~~~~
> What update or Windows program would ask this message? Asking for
> Documents? Why? This message pops everytime it boots into Windows at login!
> If I redo the OS install the updates this pops up again? Please Help!!!!

You have something loaded on startup that wants to access:

C:\Documents and Settings

or some subfolder under there; however, you screwed up in not enclosing the
path (to the executable or a parameter to it) within double quotes to
delimit the string. As such, the parser hits the first space character and
terminates that string with the rest of the string going to the next
argument.

Use SysInternals' AutoRuns to do a search on your startup items to see which
ones have "\Documents" used in them.