First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Windows XP hangs at applying computer settings
At random computers in our domain will hang at applying computer setting and just stay there. Both the mouse and keyboard are not locked up but it appears that the OS is hung at applying computer settings. We have troublesoht this and cannot find no apparent reason for this on our domain. Any ideas? ... 23 Mar 2010 14:50
Stuck at Windows is Starting Up
I have a Virgin Freedom netbook. It's been working fine but today Windows Mail kept crashing when I opened it so I restarted the system. When it was booting up, it went past the loading bar to the black screen with mouse pointer, and did nothing else. I restarted in Safe mode and it did the same thing. So I... 25 Mar 2010 18:37
Internal HD showing explorer but not in Disk Manager and unableto
GreyWolf wrote: I have a HP workstation DC5100 with Windows XP with SP3 installed and I have two internal hard drives. I was attempting to defrag the hard drives and getting an error that Disk Defragmenter could not start. After some troubleshooting I notice that in Disk Management that the internal ha... 23 Mar 2010 11:20
Can't change desktop icon spacing
I have my display resolution set to 1280x1024. The icons on the desktop are smaller then I like. I opened the desktop 'display properties/appearance/advanced'. under 'item/icon', I increased the size of the icons and that worked. After that, they were crowded together so I tried to increase the horizontal and v... 23 Mar 2010 10:10
network setup wizard fails
I'm not sure if I can post here but can't get a response from the network site. So, here goes. The network setup wizard will not finish setting up my home network. Each time I try I get the error message: "an error has occurred while configuring this computer. You can configure it manually or try again". Yet... 22 Mar 2010 18:06
Remove XP Pro
I am trying to reformat a confuser with XP Pro and install XP Home Edition to make this confuser simple for a Charity to use. The cd doesn't work and I have the files to XP Home on a flash drive but I cna't get the XP Pro to go away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ... 22 Mar 2010 11:54
Problem with MS Optical Mouse
Hello folks: I have a Microsoft Standard wireless Optical Mouse. The problem is that it right clicks by itself and if you hoover over an item, it will open that item by itself sometimes. I have updated the driver for it using Microsoft Software, and I have new batteries but the problem persists. I reall... 26 Mar 2010 10:25
Matching User Accts
I have heard that in the XP Classic file sharing scenario, creating the same account and pswd on both computers is just a convenience to keep from having to type the pswd in the request window. That there does not have to be matching accounts/pswds on the machines. But as soon as I deleted the matching user a... 22 Mar 2010 09:24
"276fb1b5bc69c970b5db8126f22e2a41"????
Hello Inside my windows file there is a "276fb1b5bc69c970b5db8126f22e2a41" and inside it there are many 1025, 1026,1028, 1039, etc, etc. My I delete them all? ... 22 Mar 2010 09:24
System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box s... 23 Mar 2010 12:30