From: Fluke on
I have a Virgin Freedom netbook. It's been working fine but today Windows
Mail kept crashing when I opened it so I restarted the system. When it was
booting up, it went past the loading bar to the black screen with mouse
pointer, and did nothing else. I restarted in Safe mode and it did the same
thing. So I restarted in normal mode again and it's now got to the Windows
is Starting Up screen and is just sat there. Can anyone help?
From: neil on

"Fluke" <Fluke(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Virgin Freedom netbook. It's been working fine but today Windows
> Mail kept crashing when I opened it so I restarted the system. When it
> was
> booting up, it went past the loading bar to the black screen with mouse
> pointer, and did nothing else. I restarted in Safe mode and it did the
> same
> thing. So I restarted in normal mode again and it's now got to the
> Windows
> is Starting Up screen and is just sat there. Can anyone help?

Hi,
Press F8 before windows starts and try "last known good configuration".
Neil

From: Fluke on
Hi Neil

I'd already tried that, but it didn't work.

Shaun

From: neil on
Hi,
Failing a reinstall do you have a windows disk to boot from so you can
access the repair console. If not you can go to
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueyyzfymmig and download the xp_rec_con.iso this
would allow you to go to the repair console and then you can try chkdsk.
You will need to burn the iso image to a CD and boot from it as you would
the windows CD.

Neil