From: GreyWolf on
At random computers in our domain will hang at applying computer setting and
just stay there. Both the mouse and keyboard are not locked up but it
appears that the OS is hung at applying computer settings. We have
troublesoht this and cannot find no apparent reason for this on our domain.

Any ideas?
From: John John - MVP on
GreyWolf wrote:
> At random computers in our domain will hang at applying computer setting and
> just stay there. Both the mouse and keyboard are not locked up but it
> appears that the OS is hung at applying computer settings. We have
> troublesoht this and cannot find no apparent reason for this on our domain.
>
> Any ideas?

Take a look at the GPO side of things:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geus51_ahLwPQAKjCl87UF;_ylc=X1MDMjE0MjQ3ODk0OARmcgN5ZnAtdC01MDEEcXVlcnkDVVNFUkVOViBsb2dnaW5nIA--?p=USERENV+logging+&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=sfp&iscqry=

http://blogs.technet.com/askperf/archive/2008/10/14/help-i-m-stuck-at-applying-computer-settings.aspx
Ask the Performance Team - Help! I'm stuck at “Applying Computer Settings...

John