From: Bob B on
I'm not sure if I can post here but can't get a response from the network site.

So, here goes. The network setup wizard will not finish setting up my home
network. Each time I try I get the error message: "an error has occurred
while configuring this computer. You can configure it manually or try again".

Yet, I'm able to access the internet from either computer. I can see each
computer but cannot access them.

Thanks for your help in advance
Bob

From: Carmel on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:01:01 -0700
Bob B <BobB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> articulated:

>I'm not sure if I can post here but can't get a response from the
>network site.
>
>So, here goes. The network setup wizard will not finish setting up my
>home network. Each time I try I get the error message: "an error has
>occurred while configuring this computer. You can configure it
>manually or try again".
>
>Yet, I'm able to access the internet from either computer. I can see
>each computer but cannot access them.
>
>Thanks for your help in advance
>Bob

Sorry, but my crystal ball is out for repairs today. Perhaps you can
enlighten me with the following:

1) Exactly what error message, if any, is displayed when you attempt to
access a computer on your network? Does it happen in both directions or
just one?

2) What version of Windows (I am assuming you have Windows installed)
are you using? If not the same on both PCs, then list both.

3) Is this a wireless setup?

4) What type, if any, firewall are you employing?

--
Carmel

The Martian Canals were clearly the Martian's last ditch effort!