First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
keyboard doesn't work
The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the desktop appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when you press them. -- Carol ... 11 Mar 2010 01:19
Windows Xp sp3 blue screen
Hello, After updating my computer with sp3 after restart I got blue screen. Tried safe mode, no help. Used original OS disk to do a repair. Computer runs fine after repair. What do I do about an updates? Do I disable them? Thanks, Jerry ... 10 Mar 2010 11:58
repair a windows installation from within ANOTHER installation
Ok I hope that I am explaining this correctly: I had an issue with windows xp, and I wanted to repair it, but for some reason my disc (dont ask why) didnt give me a choice of repairing the windows installation..so I just installed another copy (now c: \windows.1 lets say) I dont want to go through the hassle of... 10 Mar 2010 10:50
Duplicate C & D Drives
While deleting a program, I did a Windows search to be sure that I had removed all the files on the computer. What I found listed in the search results were duplicates of the C & D Drives. The program I had deleted was still listed on the duplicate D Drive but there was no option for deleting the files. In fact whe... 11 Mar 2010 19:08
reinstallation of win xp
Hi, I have had a diskcrash on my PB easynote a8400 laptop and I need to install a new harddisk. No problem but I don't have the original win xp cd's any more (home edition). I do have the original licence key. Checked the packard bell forum but it's been unavailable for weeks now. Anyone any idea how I can get ... 11 Mar 2010 00:14
Offline Files Issues
Hi, Multiple times per day, I have an issue where I seem to lose the connection to my server, which is the primary domain controller, file server, SQL server, etc to my company. I can still make domain requests, SQL queries, and other connections to the server, including RDP, ping, etc. For reference, a ... 8 Mar 2010 11:57
How (where ?) to change the line length or turn off auto-line wrapping in Outlook 2003 ?
Where EACTLY can I change in Outlook 2003 the maximum line length resp. turn off automatic line wrapping? Sven ... 8 Mar 2010 10:50
File Sharing Timeout Setting?
It appears that remote file reads on successive machines work okay if no files have been read recently, but start failing (requiring waiting and retrying) if there's been recent activity. XP Home (so there's a 5 file open limit, or something like that). Everything behaves as if the connection stays up longer ... 8 Mar 2010 16:27
Control Panel Security Center and Ad Remove
3-7-10 True or untrue. MPC if possible, Please address each issue. Many thanks. I visited a web site and Security messages started popping up XP Internet Security - 2010 Unregistered Version. and alot of related messages. your computer is infected etc and a scan started running listing all kinds of infectio... 22 Mar 2010 14:16
lower case extension as default
How can I change the default extension as saved in "Paint" (or the rest of the system for that matter) right now Paint (windows) saves .JPG (gif, etc...) in upper case. I want it to save in lower case. ... 7 Mar 2010 22:53