From: DaffyD� on
While deleting a program, I did a Windows search to be sure that I had
removed all the files on the computer. What I found listed in the search
results were duplicates of the C & D Drives. The program I had deleted was
still listed on the duplicate D Drive but there was no option for deleting
the files. In fact when I tried to reinstall the program, it told me it was
already installed to d:\progra~1 instead of D:\Program Files. I tried going
into MS-DOS to delete the files there but access was denied for all of them.

I went ahead and reinstalled the program but it still shows that it's in the
d:\progra~1 folder. I hope someone can understand what I'm writing about. I
use Acronis True Home Image to back up my C & D drives and this may be
related to that, I don't know. Any ideas as to what is going on? What
additional info do I need to provide?
--
DaffyD� ( : []=

If I knew where I was I'd be there now.

From: Jim on
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:40:27 -0800, "DaffyD�" <daffyd(a)woohoo.com>
wrote:

>While deleting a program, I did a Windows search to be sure that I had
>removed all the files on the computer. What I found listed in the search
>results were duplicates of the C & D Drives. The program I had deleted was
>still listed on the duplicate D Drive but there was no option for deleting
>the files. In fact when I tried to reinstall the program, it told me it was
>already installed to d:\progra~1 instead of D:\Program Files. I tried going
>into MS-DOS to delete the files there but access was denied for all of them.
>
>I went ahead and reinstalled the program but it still shows that it's in the
>d:\progra~1 folder. I hope someone can understand what I'm writing about. I
>use Acronis True Home Image to back up my C & D drives and this may be
>related to that, I don't know. Any ideas as to what is going on? What
>additional info do I need to provide?

Never delete a program , always uninstall .
From: DaffyD� on
In this case, the program was corrupted and wouldn't uninstall. I had no
other choice. This still doesn't answer my question.