From: espee2 on
How can I change the default extension as saved in "Paint" (or the
rest of the system for that matter) right now Paint (windows)
saves .JPG (gif, etc...) in upper case. I want it to save in lower
case.
From: Patrick Keenan on
"espee2" <usenet.espee(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I change the default extension as saved in "Paint" (or the
> rest of the system for that matter) right now Paint (windows)
> saves .JPG (gif, etc...) in upper case. I want it to save in lower
> case.

Windows isn't case sensitive and consequently what you see is only an
aesthetic issue.

Is there some other reason that you desire this?

From: espee2 on
On Mar 7, 3:23 pm, "Patrick Keenan" <t...(a)dev.null> wrote:
> "espee2" <usenet.es...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > How can I change the default extension as saved in "Paint" (or the
> > rest of the system for that matter) right now Paint (windows)
> > saves .JPG (gif, etc...) in upper case. I want it to save in lower
> > case.
>
> Windows isn't case sensitive and consequently what you see is only an
> aesthetic issue.
>
> Is there some other reason that you desire this?

I manage websites... If I inadvertently upload an image in
UPPERcase .JPG you will get a '404 Not Found' if you try to find it
using lower case .jpg. Example:

http://tunnel13.com/504/corp_504-002.jpg
vs.
http://tunnel13.com/504/corp_504-002.JPG

My Dreamweaver defaults to lower case, (it writes the code in lower
case) so I have written a few webpages that I have had to go back and
manually, either rename the file or rewrite the code. and also if
someone is physically types in an address for an image (99% type in
lower case extensions) it will come up 404...
Basically just want to save having to rename file extensions either
manually or with my 3rd party rename app.
From: Bill Blanton on
On 3/7/2010 19:27, espee2 wrote:
> On Mar 7, 3:23 pm, "Patrick Keenan"<t...(a)dev.null> wrote:
>> "espee2"<usenet.es...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> How can I change the default extension as saved in "Paint" (or the
>>> rest of the system for that matter) right now Paint (windows)
>>> saves .JPG (gif, etc...) in upper case. I want it to save in lower
>>> case.
>>
>> Windows isn't case sensitive and consequently what you see is only an
>> aesthetic issue.
>>
>> Is there some other reason that you desire this?
>
> I manage websites... If I inadvertently upload an image in
> UPPERcase .JPG you will get a '404 Not Found' if you try to find it
> using lower case .jpg. Example:
>
> http://tunnel13.com/504/corp_504-002.jpg
> vs.
> http://tunnel13.com/504/corp_504-002.JPG
>
> My Dreamweaver defaults to lower case, (it writes the code in lower
> case) so I have written a few webpages that I have had to go back and
> manually, either rename the file or rewrite the code. and also if
> someone is physically types in an address for an image (99% type in
> lower case extensions) it will come up 404...
> Basically just want to save having to rename file extensions either
> manually or with my 3rd party rename app.

Instead of just typing in the filename and relying on Windows to add the
extension, type the complete filename.ext.

For instance, choose the type JPEG (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF), and in
the "File name" field, type corp_504-002.jpg (not just corp_504-002)

From: espee2 on
On Mar 7, 5:24 pm, Bill Blanton <bblan...(a)REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote:
> On 3/7/2010 19:27, espee2 wrote:
>

> > On Mar 7, 3:23 pm, "Patrick Keenan"<t...(a)dev.null>  wrote:
> >> "espee2"<usenet.es...(a)gmail.com>  wrote in message

> >> Windows isn't case sensitive and consequently what you see is only an
> >> aesthetic issue.
>
> >> Is there some other reason that you desire this?
>
> > I manage websites... If I inadvertently upload an image in
> > UPPERcase .JPG  you will get a '404 Not Found' if you try to find it
> > using lower case .jpg. Example:
>
> >http://tunnel13.com/504/corp_504-002.jpg
> > vs.
> >http://tunnel13.com/504/corp_504-002.JPG
>
> > My Dreamweaver defaults to lower case, (it writes the code in lower
> > case) so I have written a few webpages that I have had to go back and
> > manually, either rename the file or rewrite the code. and also if
> > someone is physically types in an address for an image (99% type in
> > lower case extensions) it will come up 404...
> > Basically just want to save having to rename file extensions either
> > manually or with my 3rd party rename app.
>
> Instead of just typing in the filename and relying on Windows to add the
> extension, type the complete filename.ext.
>
> For instance, choose the type JPEG (*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.JPE,*.JFIF), and in
> the "File name" field, type corp_504-002.jpg (not just corp_504-002)

I can do that...:-\ but is there a tweak in the registry to save as
lower case all the time?