First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Page fault in non paged area while loading XP Pro
I have repeatedly tried to get windows to load on a freshly formatted disk and keep getting a Page fault in non paged area blue screen. The error log lists Stop: 0X00000024 (OX001902FE, OXF7F16704, OXF716400, OXF833964A) NTFS.Sys Address F833964A at F311000 Datestamp 48025be5 This occurs about eight to nine minutes... 1 Mar 2010 19:53
BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER
Hi all, I have a pc on a network and the pc randomly gets a stop error 0x000000c2. It is creating a dump file but I have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem or analyze the dump file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rick ... 4 Mar 2010 07:51
lsass.exe - bad image
"brett" wrote: I get an error that reads "the application or dll C:/windows/system32/LSASRV.dll is not a valid windows image" I have reloaded Windows XP home addition and tried Reinstalling it also tried repairing it from installation disk, works for a while, then error appears, cannot log onto c... 1 Mar 2010 12:34
Hibernation not working
I set my wife's PC (XP SP3) to hibernate after 1 hour, but it doesn't do it. Any suggestions? Thank you. Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk ... 2 Mar 2010 12:25
Increase time allowed for services to start?
How does Windows XP decide all services have started and that it's okay to allow someone to log in? I would like to make it wait a longer time since some impatient users are logging in too quickly and complaining when tray icons (for example safe removal, volume control) never appear. -- Brian Gregory. ... 11 Apr 2010 13:27
Sys x: format x:/u/s
XP home edn won't let me do this. Do I have to do something to turn it on, like superuser (su) in Unix? - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.... 1 Mar 2010 18:46
Lan security questions
Does implementing logon password protection offer any protection against an online virus or Trojan attack? Or does it only prevent local physical (or Lan) users from unauthorized access ? What does the term "common" user account mean ? Is this the same thing as "limited" user account ? ... 28 Feb 2010 17:51
CISVC.EXE hogs CPU; is it the same as Windows Search?
I recently reformatted the HD and reinstalled windows XP professional SP 3. It hasn't been right since! One thing is that CISVC.EXE hogs the CPU. I know how to turn it off, but I don't want to interfere with Windows search, which I rely on - are CISVC and search the same thing, or not? If they are the same, ... 1 Mar 2010 18:46
New Tabs open Randomly
I am running XP Home (SP3) In the last few days I have had new tabs open randomly under my open tab. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to prevent it? Thank you. ... 27 Feb 2010 21:00
plug and play service block xp
When the Plug and Play Service is started automatically at Windows start is no longer possible to use the taskbar, due at the cursor that becomes an hourglass, the bar is locked and the windows open are impossible to close. Is necessary to close xp using the reset button. If the Plug and Play service is started man... 27 Feb 2010 17:42