From: vjp2.at on
XP home edn won't let me do this. Do I have to do something to turn it on,
like superuser (su) in Unix?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

From: David H. Lipman on
From: <vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com>

| XP home edn won't let me do this. Do I have to do something to turn it on,
| like superuser (su) in Unix?

XP Home Edition let you do what ?

There is nothing in the body of your post you are referring to.

--
Dave

From: John John - MVP on
vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> XP home edn won't let me do this. Do I have to do something to turn it on,
> like superuser (su) in Unix?

What exactly is it that you are trying to accomplish?

The Sys command doesn't exist on Windows XP. The format command is
available but you cannot format the system or boot volumes.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/format.mspx?mfr=true
Microsoft Windows XP - Format

John
From: philo on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: <vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com>
>
> | XP home edn won't let me do this. Do I have to do something to turn it on,
> | like superuser (su) in Unix?
>

> XP Home Edition let you do what ?
>
> There is nothing in the body of your post you are referring to.

maybe this will do

http://www.petri.co.il/create_dos_boot_floppy_disk_in_windows_xp.htm
From: vjp2.at on
Ok, I've trying to put QUantian from DVD on a Linpus Acer Aspire One
by first transferring it to a USB flash drive. I can't take linpus
any more. It is so amateurish and refuses to take any udates (eg
Firefox, Writer dictionaries) or modifications. (emacs/octave/R/Maxima
repomd.xml issues). THe only thing good on it are the games.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2