From: john on
I have I.E 8 and Windows XP. Often I put my system in stand-by or
hybernation mode. After a few hours when I come back to ascess my system, I
find that when I click on a web link or open up a new browser I will get an
hour glass & have to wait awhile before the page loads. Often, I won't be
able to load a page or open a new browser & I will have to reboot and then
everything works fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
john
From: Elmo on
john wrote:
> I have I.E 8 and Windows XP. Often I put my system in stand-by or
> hibernation mode. After a few hours when I come back to access my system, I
> find that when I click on a web link or open up a new browser I will get an
> hour glass & have to wait awhile before the page loads. Often, I won't be
> able to load a page or open a new browser & I will have to reboot and then
> everything works fine.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Open Device Manager, open the properties on your ethernet card, click
the Power tab, and deselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device
to save power".

You can do the same thing with a USB device by disabling the power
saving feature of all "USB Root Hub" entries.

--
Joe =o)
From: "db" databaseben at hotmail dot on
well, my experience with
poor performing browsers
has involved their temporary
files.

now a days the browsers
accumulate an enormous
amount of temporary files,

and I have had to clear out
their temps every a couple
of weeks in order to speed
them up.

if your interested, you can
make a shortcut on the
desktop and add the following
line:

%windir%\system32\RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8

then you can simply click on
the shortcut to conveniently
clear out the browser temps.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

From: socks on
How do I add this line to my desktop. I copied it & went to my desktop &
created a shortcut but how do I paste it in there?

--
john

From: db on
you will need to use the