From: Roger Harrison on
XPS viewer cannot open an XPS document from Microsoft.It tells me to get
FRAME NET,(Roxio is using it)when I do that it tells

me that I already have the latest version.Why the hustle with this document?

From: VanguardLH on
Roger Harrison wrote:

> XPS viewer cannot open an XPS document from Microsoft.It tells me to get
> FRAME NET,(Roxio is using it)when I do that it tells
>
> me that I already have the latest version.Why the hustle with this document?

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/viewxps.mspx

This requires .Net Framework 3.0. You never mentioned WHICH versions of
..Net that you have installed. You should have 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 (and perhaps
3.5) along with all their service packs and updates. Look in the Add/Remove
Programs applet to see which ones you have. They do not supercede each
other with increasing versions (i.e., some functionality does not move
forward and why you need multiple versions depending on what the
applications wants to use).

Use the link above to ensure you have installed the latest version of the
XPS Viewer and printer driver. You said there was a problem opening "a
document", not that all XPS documents generate this error. Have you tried
opening other XPS documents? Maybe the one causing the problem is a
corrupted file.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.

Pages: 1
Prev: Restore points
Next: File Sharing