From: hamsatuk on
Hi
I am running Windows XP Pro 64bit and use IE 8 for web browsing. For
some unknown reason my default browser has become the 64 bit version
of IE. How do I make IE 8 32 bit version become my default browser as
the 64 bit version does not display some web pages correctly.
Thanks
From: Carmel on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:43:30 +0000
hamsatuk <hamsatuk(a)hotmail.com> articulated:

> I am running Windows XP Pro 64bit and use IE 8 for web browsing. For
>some unknown reason my default browser has become the 64 bit version
>of IE. How do I make IE 8 32 bit version become my default browser as
>the 64 bit version does not display some web pages correctly.

I have run both versions and have not noticed a discernible difference
in the display. Perhaps you have them configured differently. If not, I
might suggest that you contact Microsoft in regards to this problem.

--
Carmel

|===========
|===========

From: Shenan Stanley on

Carmel wrote:
> I have run both versions and have not noticed a discernible
> difference in the display. Perhaps you have them configured
> differently. If not, I might suggest that you contact Microsoft in
> regards to this problem.

Carmel,

Visit http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ in your 64-bit browser.
Notice a difference now. ;-)

A lot (unfortunately) of sites use flash, some not so noticably - until you
cannot use it. *grin*

Now - generically - sans the loss of any plugins, I have not noticed that
Internet Explorer x64 displays anything different than Internet Explorer
x86 - but not like I try every page side-by-side all the time. Perhaps if
the OP would provide a specific web page URL...

The only thing I found that *might* help the OP...
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/237260-45-changing-default-browser

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP