From: chrisgod on

"hbiz0" wrote:

> This is an issue not covered well in any Windows Support info. Sometimes
> reboots and installations just seem to cause extra toolbars in XP.
>
> To delete a toolbar it is not necessary to play with the registry. Just do
> as follows:
> 1) Right click in any unclutered area of the taskbar and uncheck Lock the
> Taskbar.
> 2) You'll then see each each of your toolbars separated by a very small
> vertical column of dots. Move to each extra toolbar you no longer want,
> right click within it and choose Close Toolbar at the top of the menu.
>
> To create a new toolbar, right click in an unclutered area of the taskbar
> and select Toolbars>New Toolbar.

Sorry bt these instructions did nothing for me and as it is the TOOLBARS
that are causing the problem and the duplication of items therupon why the
mention of TASKBARS??? if we are taking TOOLBARS then why the mention of
TASKBARS?

I have been looking for an answer for this now for three weeks!! there is NO
answer at all I fear and this was as close as I had come!

DOES anyone have the definitive answer as to WHY the TOOLBARS are being
duplicated please? As I fear I am getting bogged down by this matter! In fact
i am becoming very unhappy with XP as it seems it is getting more and more
problems. Is this a conspiracy??
From: Shenan Stanley on
chrisgod wrote:
> Sorry bt these instructions did nothing for me and as it is the
> TOOLBARS that are causing the problem and the duplication of items
> therupon why the mention of TASKBARS??? if we are taking TOOLBARS
> then why the mention of TASKBARS?
>
> I have been looking for an answer for this now for three weeks!!
> there is NO answer at all I fear and this was as close as I had
> come!
>
> DOES anyone have the definitive answer as to WHY the TOOLBARS are
> being duplicated please? As I fear I am getting bogged down by this
> matter! In fact i am becoming very unhappy with XP as it seems it
> is getting more and more problems. Is this a conspiracy??

Seriously... You reply to a message that was not intended for you like it
was intended for you, whine and complain about the answer like it was to
*your* question *AND* ignore the fact it is from April 2006 with one
response (the one you are replying to) from December 2007 (welcome to March,
2010...)

The conversation, archived:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/294d5ae763ec9852/

So - how about you actually post about your problem with some specifics?

Give the exact OS, the service pack level, the Internet Explorer version,
the video card and software installed and describe your issue in detail
instead of just depending on 3-4 year old postings that may/may not describe
*YOUR* issue accurately at all...

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP