From: Mark or Libbie McCutcheon on
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony
service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
has no enabled devices associated with it.

I have most everything stopped for performance, I don't know if this is
needed for a 2nd computer that shares this internet connection via a router,
not wireless. My printer is shared but not usually on or used by the other
computer. How can I stop this error?

From: Gerry on
The Telephony service relies on two services, Plug and Play and Remote
Procedure Call. Are these starting?

Telephony should be set to Manual and the other two to Automatic.

Right click on each of the services - Start, Control Panel,
Administrative Tools, Services.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Mark or Libbie McCutcheon on
testing for reply status

"Mark or Libbie McCutcheon" <mccutcheon(a)triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony
> service which failed to start because of the following error:
> The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
> has no enabled devices associated with it.
>

> I have most everything stopped for performance, I don't know if this is
> needed for a 2nd computer that shares this internet connection via a
> router, not wireless. My printer is shared but not usually on or used by
> the other computer. How can I stop this error?

Pages: 1
Prev: BSOD 0x0000000A
Next: Computer Startup