From: sandy58 on
Running Windows XP Pro. I have two external hard drives, both
partitioned. They have now changed
the icon to a "folder" when before they had a similar icon as my
internal hard drive & opened
in the same way (double-click) Now I have to open them like folders
ie: with Windows Explorer.
All help appreciated re; returning them to original state.
TIA.
From: Twayne on
In news:c5ea24d9-3758-4d8a-ac16-a43cf88b7564(a)g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com,
sandy58 <aleckie68(a)googlemail.com> typed:
> Running Windows XP Pro. I have two external hard drives,
> both partitioned. They have now changed
> the icon to a "folder" when before they had a similar icon
> as my internal hard drive & opened
> in the same way (double-click) Now I have to open them like
> folders ie: with Windows Explorer.
> All help appreciated re; returning them to original state.
> TIA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_posting
and

From: sandy58 on
On Apr 27, 8:24 pm, "Twayne" <nob...(a)spamcop.net> wrote:
> Innews:c5ea24d9-3758-4d8a-ac16-a43cf88b7564(a)g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com,
> sandy58 <alecki...(a)googlemail.com> typed:
>
> > Running Windows XP Pro. I have two external hard drives,
> > both partitioned. They have now changed
> > the icon to a "folder" when before they had a similar icon
> > as my internal hard drive & opened
> > in the same way (double-click) Now I have to open them like
> > folders ie: with Windows Explorer.
> > All help appreciated re; returning them to original state.
> > TIA.
>
> --
> --http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
> --
> --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_posting
> andhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting

Twayne, I got the message except......"Please, only cross-post if you
are sure your article is suitable for the different newsgroups"...
Both groups have to do with Windows XP etc. Elucidate, please. It's
quite one thing posting links but to what point?

Pages: 1
Prev: printer sharing
Next: Job in IT