From: noknow on

so if you have a huge file, say your video from vacation, you will not
be able to take the brilliant solution suggested above.

--
noknow
noknow's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/214230.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Shenan Stanley on
noknow wrote:
> so if you have a huge file, say your video from vacation, you will
> not be able to take the brilliant solution suggested above.

Dang.

I had hoped that people would stop responding from techarena... Hopes
dashed again. *grin*

Looking at the entire conversation:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/865c457a63c3702b/

The first thing to note is that it started and ended (until now) in March of
2008. 25 months ago. Nice - how's that leech site treating people?

Second thing to note is that the new responded assumes a lot. Who says that
the user (1) has a huge file (in this case, huge would be over 4GB in size)
that would not transfer to a USB thumb drive even if formatted FAT32 (the
reason for the 4GB limit) and/or (2) that they don't have a large enough
thumb drive in the first place (seems the common size is 4GB now, with the
8GB and 16GB sizes extremely low in price. The 32GB and 64GB are still
usually over-priced - but that is changing too) and/or (3) that they did not
already know about the limitations of FAT32 and how much data they have and
made efforts accordingly (bought a 16GB USB drive and formatted it with NTFS
OR purchased an actual external hard disk drive (or already had one) OR had
already *wisely* backed up their important large data files off their
computer in case of a disaster (since things like their "video from
vacation" might be important to them - important enough to not have a single
copy or two copies in only one location).

Oh well.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP