First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
HOW DO I UNINSTALL PROGRAMS I DIDN'T PUT ON MY PC ?
I am running Win XP Sp3 / 32 bit - 2 mg of Memory and plenty of hard drive (I have 3). Using Windows Defender / MS Security Essentials / System Mechanic I have several programs located in the control panel - "Add/Remove" section which I have no idea what they are or how they got there. When I click on them... 10 Jun 2010 16:49
Monitor went BLACK on Desktop, but not Laptop ?
Thanks for the help and input. She got it working ! "Bubey" <catlov(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eSK5d6w6KHA.4508(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... HP Desktop / Windows XP Sp3 My daughter's Desktop monitor went black. She hooked it up to her laptop and it worked perfectly. Tried to boot from install disk a... 8 Jun 2010 12:37
MS Windows Network won't find "Workgroup"
Hi - a frustrating occasional glitch for a network guru... At times on this Win XP Pro machine, MS Windows Network won't find "Workgroup" or it finds it after a very long delay and then can't see the other computers. The other computers (Vista and Win7) can generally see this Win XP Pro machine and all our ... 8 Jun 2010 16:04
MS Windows Network won't find "Workgroup
At times on this Win XP Pro machine, MS Windows Network won't find "Workgroup" or it finds it after a very long delay and then can't see the other computers. The other computers can generally see this Win XP Pro machine and all our shared arrnagements work fine - 90% of the time. But when the Win XP machine... 8 Jun 2010 09:11
Recent Install of XP Pro
I recently had a hard drive failure and had to replace it. I installed Windows XP Pro which went without any difficulties. Then the fun began. The first thing was getting updates; the critical updates installed easily. At this time I made an Acronis Image just to be safe. When I went to install software upd... 12 Jun 2010 06:07
Unmountable Boot Volume AND Session3 Initialization Failed
I'm running a Lenovo laptop with PGP Encryption Windows XP SP3 SATA hard drive. This is my work laptop I've had since October 2008 without issue. I'm somewhat of a low-level techie working permanently from home and my company's IT Dept is 2000 miles away. But these following errors/BSODs escapes me. Two days ag... 9 Jun 2010 16:28
TCP Zmodem Hyperterm Retries
I was trying to transfer a 35MB file over TCP using Hyperterm ZModem and it died at 10MB with about 250 retries. I can cut the file to 5MB pieces or is there a way to reset the retries? (This is on a "public" machine) - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist ... 7 Jun 2010 21:06
Windows Movie Maker
When attempting to "click" and "drag" coverted video to the Windows Movie Maker storyboard, the following message is received: "COULD NOT BE IMPORTED. AN INTERFACE HAS TOO MANY METHODS TO FIRE EVENTS FROM." Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? ... 14 Jun 2010 11:47
Help! Can't boot even to safe mode. Can't re-install OS. 0xc00
hi all, many thanks to jose and john--the men in the white hats--for taking the time to post some helpful advice! running explorer.exe from the task manager did indeed work. i can now boot, after getting the aforementioned error messages. but the system is still somewhere between molasses-slow and i-will-... 10 Jun 2010 02:23
How safe is a registry cleaner?
Hi all, Im having problems with internet explorer 7, Ive used my norton to do a registry clean but it dosnt get as many detectable errors in the registry as some online programs do. One program said my system had about 400 errors, but it was a demo program and was unable to clean the entries. Is this safe to us... 19 Jun 2010 11:18