From: Bubey on
I am running Win XP Sp3 / 32 bit - 2 mg of Memory and plenty of hard drive
(I have 3).
Using Windows Defender / MS Security Essentials / System Mechanic

I have several programs located in the control panel - "Add/Remove" section
which
I have no idea what they are or how they got there.

When I click on them there is no option to remove or repair. So I assume
they were
put there without my permission and would like to get rid of them.

Is there a site that tell one if it should be removed and if so, how to do
it without using
a site's scanning software. I would prefer to do it myself so I know it's
removed without
leaving any mousetracks behind from their software.

i.e.,the files are

AOLIcon / Disc 2 Phone / Doc Proc / Doc Proc Q Folder / Educate U / ELIcon /
MCU

MS Visual C++2005 (JB973923) / mProSafe / Open MG Secure Module / Web Reg

Web Folders XP / Windows Presentation Foundation

From: Bubey on
YES, I Googled and Binged "before" I posted the question.
The only replies I found were site that wanted me to download their
software.
I don't do that. I prefer to do it manually. I like to keep my hard drive
clean
and not have them leaving mousetracks left behind.

What's Step 2 ?

Can anyone else help me please ?

From: Billns on
On 6/9/2010 9:13 PM, Bubey wrote:
> YES, I Googled and Binged "before" I posted the question.
> The only replies I found were site that wanted me to download their
> software.
> I don't do that. I prefer to do it manually. I like to keep my hard drive
> clean
> and not have them leaving mousetracks left behind.
>
> What's Step 2 ?
>
> Can anyone else help me please ?
>

> "No Mo"<nomo(a)HoopleHead.invalid> wrote in message
> Have you even bothered Googling for the files and removal information?
>
> That's step 1.
>
> "Bubey"<catlov(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> :I am running Win XP Sp3 / 32 bit - 2 mg of Memory and plenty of hard drive
> : (I have 3).
> : Using Windows Defender / MS Security Essentials / System Mechanic
> :
> : I have several programs located in the control panel - "Add/Remove"
> section
> : which
> : I have no idea what they are or how they got there.
> :
> : When I click on them there is no option to remove or repair. So I assume
> : they were
> : put there without my permission and would like to get rid of them.
> :
> : Is there a site that tell one if it should be removed and if so, how to do
> : it without using
> : a site's scanning software. I would prefer to do it myself so I know it's
> : removed without
> : leaving any mousetracks behind from their software.
> :
> : i.e.,the files are
> :
> : AOLIcon / Disc 2 Phone / Doc Proc / Doc Proc Q Folder / Educate U / ELIcon
> /
> : MCU
> :
> : MS Visual C++2005 (JB973923) / mProSafe / Open MG Secure Module / Web
> Reg
> :
> : Web Folders XP / Windows Presentation Foundation
> :

If these unknown programs were recently installed you might try System
Restore to an earlier time.

I have never been bothered by mousetracks <g>

Bill