From: Bubey on
Thanks for the help and input. She got it working !

"Bubey" <catlov(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
HP Desktop / Windows XP Sp3

My daughter's Desktop monitor went black.
She hooked it up to her laptop and it worked perfectly.

Tried to boot from install disk and got to Safe Mode but then
went black again.

Any idea's on to fix it. I assume since the monitor works
(with the laptop) it has something to do with XP.

The only things that was done was to add a new "external hard drive" which
was
done successfully, but when she went to try to assign her Norton backup to
store
on the new drive, Norton wouldn't let her. So she shut down for the night
and
work on it the next day.

Next day, boot up, and black screen.

Thank in advance for the help!