From: Giltech on

I have tried the Crl + Alt +up/down arrows and there was no reaction. I
have found that the only simple solution is to switch off and after a
minute or so , swich on again. It seems to work ok after 3 to 5 on/off
sequences and then its ok for weeks. It is a nuisance though when
you're in a hurry to use the computer!! A proper solution would be most
welcome.

--
Giltech
Giltech's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/230135.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Unknown on
What make of video card do you have?

From: Giltech on

I cannot find info detailing type of video card but laptop is Dell
Inspiron 5160.
I found the following recently, try it and see what happens!

on Start Menu select control Panel. On panel Menu select Display. then
select Settings tab. Then select Advanced button. Now you should be on
Page "(Multiple Monitors) and XGI Volari - XP5 v.2.097.DELL. Click
Rotation tab, click on button to indicate position where you like top to
be. Click OK to effect change.

It is difficult to describe how to indicate the desired position so
experiment!
What I found seems to be a standard piece of Microsoft programme so it
seems surprising it is not more accessible. I could not find it by a
"Search".

Giltech.

From: Jim on
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:41:22 -0500, Giltech
<Giltech.4ctmxb(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>I cannot find info detailing type of video card but laptop is Dell
>Inspiron 5160.
>I found the following recently, try it and see what happens!
>
>on Start Menu select control Panel. On panel Menu select Display. then
>select Settings tab. Then select Advanced button. Now you should be on
>Page "(Multiple Monitors) and XGI Volari - XP5 v.2.097.DELL. Click
>Rotation tab, click on button to indicate position where you like top to
>be. Click OK to effect change.
>
>It is difficult to describe how to indicate the desired position so
>experiment!
>What I found seems to be a standard piece of Microsoft programme so it
>seems surprising it is not more accessible. I could not find it by a
>"Search".
>
>Giltech.

Ctrl, Alt , up arrow .( together ) [Usually]