From: Gabriel Knight on
Hi all, Im having problems with internet explorer 7, Ive used my norton to
do a registry clean but it dosnt get as many detectable errors in the
registry as some online programs do. One program said my system had about
400 errors, but it was a demo program and was unable to clean the entries.
Is this safe to use these programs as anything that changes the registry
cant be all that good or am I wrong? Is there any realy good cleaners that
are full programs for free on the web?

Thanks all
GK

From: Unknown on
No such thing a a 'good' registry cleaner. Best bet is to avoid them
completely.

From: thecreator on
Hi Gabriel Knight,

You asked: "Is there any realy good cleaners that
> are full programs for free on the web?"

The only good programs aren't free but do offer a 30-day Trial and have
a Rescue Center to undo all changes made. Not every program will please
everyone. Each program, has its believers and some people simply don't like
them for their own reasons.

TuneUp Utilities 2009 or 2010 has a 30-Day Free Trial and is fully
functional.

http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/ That is the link. Make
up your own mind.

--
thecreator

From: Twayne on
In news:eYk7pnkBLHA.3608(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Unknown <unknown(a)unknown.kom> typed:
> No such thing a a 'good' registry cleaner. Best bet is to
> avoid them completely.

No good advice from this poster either.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Twayne on
In news:9w6Pn.1616$Ls1.416(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au,
Gabriel Knight <FakeEmail(a)hotmail.com> typed:
> Hi all, Im having problems with internet explorer 7, Ive
> used my norton to do a registry clean but it dosnt get as
> many detectable errors in the registry as some online
> programs do. One program said my system had about 400
> errors, but it was a demo program and was unable to clean
> the entries. Is this safe to use these programs as anything
> that changes the registry cant be all that good or am I
> wrong? Is there any realy good cleaners that are full
> programs for free on the web?
> Thanks all
> GK

As long as you've kept it updated, believe the mystery, unnamed Norton
program already on your machine. You don't mention what online scanners you
used, but keep in mind the junker sites, just like any other software can do
more harm than good if you aren't careful. Some will find problems and then
won't remove them for you unless you buy their programs; that's silly too
and worth nothing. Stick to reputable vendors for things like this, which
Norton is, as long as you keep it updated. If it can't be updated, it's too
old and you need to upgrade to a more current version.

What is the name of the Norton program you have, and what version?

The registry is not likely to be the cause of problems with IE7; what
problems, if any, did you find with the registry? What have you tried so far
besides a registry scan with Norton?
-- Uninstalle/Reinstalled IE7?
-- Is this something suddenly came up or has been there all along?

You really have to provide enough information for anyone to get close to a
good solution for you.

HTH,

Twayne`