From: Unknown on

From: Bill in Co. on
Tecknomage wrote:
> GENERAL COMMENT ON SUBJECT
>
> There are Microsoft MVPs that do not like any registry cleaners. Some
> rant and post foaming-at-the-mouth comments on registry cleaners.
>
> Microsoft MVPs are correct in their opinion that Registry Cleaners are
> NOT a *necessity*.
>
> But most *seem* to misconstrue what registry cleaner are for. And
> there ARE sites that misrepresent registry cleaners.
>

> 1) Like ANY software, do not use or download from *promotional sites*
> that are NOT the *publisher* of the software. These sites are like
> the old sleaze "used card salesman." The software they offer is
> likely to be a demo which is dangerous to run.
>

> 2) Registry cleaners should NOT be use to FIX a problem you have at
> any time.
>
> You should NOT RUN REGISTRY CLEANERS WHEN YOU HAVE OTHER MAJOR
> PROBLEMS. Especially if you suspect you have a virus or other
> malware.
>
> Registry cleaners will not speed-up your system.
>
> (This is the primary reason that *promotional sites* are bad, because
> the offer a registry cleaner to fix a problem you have or speed up
> your system)
>

> 3) Registry cleaners ARE *preventative* maintained tools, that clean
> up Registry entries that MAY cause problems in the *future*.

Let's see some documented proof of that specific assertion.

> This is similar to running Disk Cleanup (System Tools menu), cleaning
> your Temporary Internet Files, and other tools that help keep your
> system in the best condition.

No, it is not similar to that.

From: Bruce Chambers on
Tecknomage wrote:

> 3) Registry cleaners ARE *preventative* maintained tools, that clean
> up Registry entries that MAY cause problems in the *future*.

Citation? Please provided documented reports of repeatable experiments
from independent laboratories that verify this.

Otherwise, you're no better than the fool who wear's a tin foil hat to
keep aliens away, and when told that there are no aliens around, says "See?"

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Daave on
Bruce Chambers wrote:
> Tecknomage wrote:
>>

>> 3) Registry cleaners ARE *preventative* maintained tools, that clean
>> up Registry entries that MAY cause problems in the *future*.
>>

> Citation? Please provided documented reports of repeatable
> experiments from independent laboratories that verify this.
>
> Otherwise, you're no better than the fool who wear's a tin foil hat to
> keep aliens away, and when told that there are no aliens around, says
> "See?"

LOL

Good metaphor!

From: Twayne on
In news:edarYilBLHA.1972(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Unknown <unknown(a)unknown.kom> typed:
> PSS You want ten times the problems you now have? If yes,
> follow Twaynes advice.

Ignorance is truly bliss for some; esp those with insufficient brain cells
to know reality. That's why your credibility is zero.