First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Ailing Computer - Continued
First, thanks to all who replied to my June 1 post; I learned a few things but not quite enough. My computer is still ailing: occasional restarts and hang-ups, BSOD when attempting to start in Safe Mode. Restart with everything but the mouse and keyboard connected does not change anything - Safe Mode still genera... 25 Jun 2010 12:06
NTFS Recovery from USB Bootdisk
For NTFS recovery from USB Bootdisk you can use 'free ntfs recovery' (http://www.freentfsrecovery.com) program which can easily recover and gives the output in only a few minutes. The software provides simple interface therefore it is very easy to use. -- Emilyroggers -----------------------------------------------... 24 Jun 2010 09:38
Desktop and Windows Explorer will not refresh
What microsoft patch is this? -- archive18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ archive18's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/236239.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/978738.htm http://forums.techarena.in ... 24 Jun 2010 09:38
Gaining Control of Client's PC With Remote Assistant?
Hello Folks: As an independent software developer, Remote Assistant is a tremendous tool. I've only recently discovered it. It's great to tell a user to do this, or do that. Win7 to Win7 assistants also includes the display of the client's cursor. It's apparent that there is some method to ga... 24 Jun 2010 08:32
Problems trying to replace Pegasus as the default e-mail program in IE 8
Running Pegasus 4.21c on XP Home, SP 3 w/ IE 8. Long ago, I had set Pegasus as the default e-mail program for IE, and it has worked fine for a long time, even through IE updates. Now, I need to set either Outlook or Windows Live Mail as the default mail program in IE 8. The options for these two appear when I go... 2 Jul 2010 00:26
Sorry Re: Microsoft .NET Framework "avoided the question"
> I did not. Please reread my answer. It depends on what programs you run. If you run a program written with .net, you need to have installed the .net framework version that corresponds to the version it was written with. So you may well need all three. I am sorry I totally missed this sect... 23 Jun 2010 23:54
ntbtlog not found
Since I am having a boot problem (XP SP2), probably due to virus, which I meanwhile have hopefully cleaned up, I would like to know what can I infer from the fact that even though boot goes on until logo screen and more for some seconds (and right afterwards laptop switches suddenly off), with boot log option e... 23 Jun 2010 21:42
Stoping tracking cookies
Hi all I keep getting tracking cookies detected by my antivirus and malware software, how can I stop my pc from downloading these stupid things? Thanks GK ... 24 Jun 2010 13:02
Microsoft .NET Framework "avoided the question"
Ken Blade you avoided answering the question which was "Do I need all the earlier versions" not is it a problem to store them. I am also interested in removing software that is unused earlier versions that are not removed by the update. Si I am re-asking the question "are they necessary?" On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:... 23 Jun 2010 10:38
Need help all fixes failed -Problem with recent XP Windows Update
I have hit a wall - I am unable to remove any of the Microsoft .net framework files. I have tried to run Fixit 50202 and get an installer error (error code 2738)I then tried Add/Remove to remove the files without success ( the uninstaller just hangs): I tried Revo without success (it tells me the uninstall was su... 25 Jun 2010 12:06