From: ECLiPSE 2002 on

I have hit a wall - I am unable to remove any of the Microsoft .net
framework files. I have tried to run Fixit 50202 and get an installer
error (error code 2738)I then tried Add/Remove to remove the files
without success ( the uninstaller just hangs): I tried Revo without
success (it tells me the uninstall was successful but the files are
still there both on Revo and in Add/Remove).
I have tried to run the dotnetfix_cleanup_tool and get a command line
option systax error. So no luck there!

I am left with a windows update nag telling me to install the two
updates that will not install, viz, KB979909 and KB979906.

Can someone please assist - I have tried everything suggested in this
thread.
Mary

From: 123Jim on

"ECLiPSE 2002" <fdm2000(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> I have hit a wall - I am unable to remove any of the Microsoft .net
> framework files. I have tried to run Fixit 50202 and get an installer
> error (error code 2738)I then tried Add/Remove to remove the files
> without success ( the uninstaller just hangs): I tried Revo without
> success (it tells me the uninstall was successful but the files are
> still there both on Revo and in Add/Remove).
> I have tried to run the dotnetfix_cleanup_tool and get a command line
> option systax error. So no luck there!
>
> I am left with a windows update nag telling me to install the two
> updates that will not install, viz, KB979909 and KB979906.
>
> Can someone please assist - I have tried everything suggested in this
> thread.
> Mary

Maybe your antivirus, or some other running program is preventing the
dotnetfix_cleanup from running correctly.

I would go through my running processes in 'task manager' and go on a
killing spree. .. but that's me.. you might prefer to temporarily stop your
antivirus' resident shield using the anti-virus' user interface. Other
programs can be stopped at start-up by using msconfig

A poster on another group with similar problems to yours was advised to
contact Microsoft (free support for security updates) by clicking 'Get Help
Now' top right hand side here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909/en-us..
They communicated with a MS support person via email .. or instant messaging
and received the advice to run the dotnetfix_cleanup tool . that worked for
that poster. but your advice will be different, or extended at least.

From: ECLiPSE 2002 on

123Jim
Thanks for the added suggestions - will try the methods you cited.

Mary