From: Hank on

>I did not. Please reread my answer.
>

>> >It depends on what programs you run. If you run a program written with
>> >.net, you need to have installed the .net framework version that
>> >corresponds to the version it was written with. So you may well need
>> >all three.
I am sorry I totally missed this section of your response. Yes you did
indeed answer the question. How come Microsoft has written the
software so it is totally not backward compatible? I am use to being
able to say open Microsoft word documents written under earlier
versions with the current version. This is why I failed to note your
complete answer.
email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end
TIA
Hank