From: Gabriel Knight on
Hi all

I keep getting tracking cookies detected by my antivirus and malware
software, how can I stop my pc from downloading these stupid things?

Thanks
GK

From: dadiOH on
Gabriel Knight wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I keep getting tracking cookies detected by my antivirus and malware
> software, how can I stop my pc from downloading these stupid things?
>
> Thanks
> GK

Use...
Control panel
Internet options
Privacy tab
to over ride automatic cookie handling and block all cookies.

If you just gotta have cookies for some sites, you could allow session
cookies and/or put those sites in "Trusted Sites" on the security tab and
set cookie permissions for trusted sites to be less restrictive.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: 123Jim on

"Gabriel Knight" <fake(a)nothing.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I keep getting tracking cookies detected by my antivirus and malware
> software, how can I stop my pc from downloading these stupid things?

Use Firefox with the Cookiesafe add-on..
All cookies are blocked unless you want to allow them for a particular
website.
When you allow them, that setting is remembered for next time you visit that
website.

From: Daave on
Gabriel Knight wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I keep getting tracking cookies detected by my antivirus and malware
> software, how can I stop my pc from downloading these stupid things?

This is how I do it:

1. Use a HOSTS file:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

2. Use SpywareBlaster:

The above two things will prevent most of these from loading in the
first place.