From: morgs on
On this Win XP Pro notebook I mostl get good networking on my home N/W with
other Windows 7 and Vista machines (one of each) by opening My Computer and
selecting Microsoft Windows Network followed by the name "Workgroup". All my
family computers appear 90% of the time (almost instantly) and I get all the
access that our shared arrangements suggest we should.

Occasionally on this Win XP Pro machine, MS Windows Network won't find
"Workgroup" or it finds it after a very long delay and then can't see the
other computers.

The other computers can generally see this Win XP Pro machine and all our
shared arrnagements work fine - 90% of the time. But when the Win XP
machine's Windows Network function is playing up those other machines can see
each other but not the Win XP machine.

Does anyone know what might be causing this... note I have shutdown my
Zonealarm firewall and restarted my XP machine to ensure this is not an issue
and all computers get access under normal circumstances as all have our IP
range designated as Trusted.