From: Leonard Mainor on

I received several complex documents which had running tables to edit.
The client uses XP 2002 for Windows, and I use Word 2004 for the Mac
(System 10.5.8).

When the client received my finished documents some of the tables were
misaligned and some documents were corrupted. I downloaded the Microsoft
update "Office2004-1150UpdateEN(2).dmg", rebooted and resent the
documents and the client had the same problem opening the documents.

How best should the problem be solved?

--
Leonard Mainor
Leonard Mainor's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/228968.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Orc on
My solution would be to use the exact same set up as your client. It doesn't
matter how "compatible" the systems are supposed to be.

I'm a Consultant and supply documents to clients and even where both send
and receive systems list the same OS, apps and basic setup etc I get issues
of format "changes" from the client. this is often due to the subtle
differences in app setup and user error.

Another solution is to supply the documents as non-editable PDF which means
you control the format and they can't change the data, but this requires
agreement and depends how they are using the document.

ORC