From: Cindy Parker on
On one of my computers the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings

IS shown in WinExplorer whereas on another it is NOT.
The folder exists on both computers. I can verify it through cmdline command

dir /a

All settings in WinExplorer menu

Tools->Folder Options->View

are the same. Yes, "show hidden files and folders" is enabled.
Yes "Display content of system folders" is enabled.

But on one computer the folder does not appear in WinExplorer.

What is the reason?

Cindy

From: Randem on
Yes, but you probably left "Hid Protected OS files" checked...

--
The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html

From: Daave on
Cindy Parker wrote:
> On one of my computers the folder
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings
>
> IS shown in WinExplorer whereas on another it is NOT.
> The folder exists on both computers. I can verify it through cmdline
> command
>
> dir /a
>
> All settings in WinExplorer menu
>
> Tools->Folder Options->View
>
> are the same. Yes, "show hidden files and folders" is enabled.
> Yes "Display content of system folders" is enabled.
>
> But on one computer the folder does not appear in WinExplorer.
>
> What is the reason?

Is the account you are logging in with a limited user account or a
computer administrator account?

From: VanguardLH on
Randem wrote:

> Yes, but you probably left "Hid Protected OS files" checked...

The %userprofile% and its subfolders and files are not OS files.
From: VanguardLH on
Cindy Parker wrote:

> On one of my computers the folder
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings
>
> IS shown in WinExplorer whereas on another it is NOT.
> The folder exists on both computers.

Perhaps you don't have permissions on that folder or its parent folder.