From: Andrew Wilson on
Today I have lost the ability to resize windows manually, every IE8, email
and program windows. If I moved the mouse pointer to the corner of a window
I could resize it manually. Now any window just appears maximised and if I
click minimised it just reduces to the task bar until I click maximise
again. If I move down the screen I can resize the taskbar but nothing else.
I have googled which wasn't much help and was generally about resizing
partitions. As far as I am aware I haven't changed any settings.
Does anyone have any solutions please?
Many thanks
Andrew Wilson

From: 123Jim on

"Andrew Wilson" <andrew(a)thefatcontroller.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Today I have lost the ability to resize windows manually, every IE8, email
> and program windows. If I moved the mouse pointer to the corner of a
> window I could resize it manually. Now any window just appears maximised
> and if I click minimised it just reduces to the task bar until I click
> maximise again. If I move down the screen I can resize the taskbar but
> nothing else. I have googled which wasn't much help and was generally
> about resizing partitions. As far as I am aware I haven't changed any
> settings.
> Does anyone have any solutions please?
> Many thanks

clicking minimise does what it does .. are you missing the button right next
to it? restore down/maximise
http://www.calvin.edu/~rbobeldy/tutorials/os/parts_of_windows1_1.htm

From: Andrew Wilson on

"123Jim" <jnkjnjnini(a)uhnuhnunuhnuy.invalid> wrote in message

> "Andrew Wilson" <andrew(a)thefatcontroller.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Today I have lost the ability to resize windows manually, every IE8,
>> email and program windows. If I moved the mouse pointer to the corner of
>> a window I could resize it manually. Now any window just appears
>> maximised and if I click minimised it just reduces to the task bar until
>> I click maximise again. If I move down the screen I can resize the
>> taskbar but nothing else. I have googled which wasn't much help and was
>> generally about resizing partitions. As far as I am aware I haven't
>> changed any settings.
>> Does anyone have any solutions please?
>> Many thanks
>
> clicking minimise does what it does .. are you missing the button right
> next to it? restore down/maximise
> http://www.calvin.edu/~rbobeldy/tutorials/os/parts_of_windows1_1.htm
When I click the double box in the top right corner to reduce window size it
just disappears to the task bar. It seems to be only happening on IE8 now
for some reason.
Many thanks
Andrew

From: 123Jim on

> "123Jim" <jnkjnjnini(a)uhnuhnunuhnuy.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Andrew Wilson" <andrew(a)thefatcontroller.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Today I have lost the ability to resize windows manually, every IE8,
>>> email and program windows. If I moved the mouse pointer to the corner of
>>> a window I could resize it manually. Now any window just appears
>>> maximised and if I click minimised it just reduces to the task bar until
>>> I click maximise again. If I move down the screen I can resize the
>>> taskbar but nothing else. I have googled which wasn't much help and was
>>> generally about resizing partitions. As far as I am aware I haven't
>>> changed any settings.
>>> Does anyone have any solutions please?
>>> Many thanks
>>
>> clicking minimise does what it does .. are you missing the button right
>> next to it? restore down/maximise
>> http://www.calvin.edu/~rbobeldy/tutorials/os/parts_of_windows1_1.htm
> When I click the double box in the top right corner to reduce window size
> it just disappears to the task bar. It seems to be only happening on IE8
> now for some reason.
> Many thanks
> Andrew

Maybe IE has picked up some malware .. I suggest resetting IE to default
condition .

First though, in the very unlikely event that this causes you a problem,
create a restore point:
Start > All programs > accessories > system tools > system restore > create
a restore point > next etc

Now reset IE:
tools > Internet options > advanced > reset > apply > ok