From: danielamay on

a few months ago i installed xp on my dell 2650 it stuck at 33 min but i
finally
got it to install but i ended up with a new problem my sound driver
freezes my
computer so i had to go into safe mode and disable the sound driver and
the modem both are dells latest drivers i tried other drivers but get
the same results. so when i boot up my computer it freezes in the black
part of the screen. any suggestions

--
danielamay
danielamay's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/238840.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: 123Jim on

"danielamay" <danielamay.4ddxha(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> a few months ago i installed xp on my dell 2650 it stuck at 33 min but i
> finally
> got it to install but i ended up with a new problem my sound driver
> freezes my
> computer so i had to go into safe mode and disable the sound driver and
> the modem both are dells latest drivers i tried other drivers but get
> the same results. so when i boot up my computer it freezes in the black
> part of the screen. any suggestions

If you can't get past the black screen on boot (in order to disabled
uninstall problem drivers) you should go for a repair install of windows ..
the disk you are using is not the original dell disk though? .. maybe order
the recovery disk for this particular dell computer from dell?

If you somehow manage to get past the black screen .. disable the problem
drivers . then get lazy like me run this: http://www.drivereasy.com/ ..
Update any drivers you think might be a problem. .. don't bother with the
drivers that you know are giving no problems . .even if there is an update
available. it's too much trouble :)