From: kareninventress@yahoo.com on
Would anyone here know of a tutorial for 3-D Sketching, other than the
Wire Oven Rack, that is included in the Solidworks Online Tutorial?
I know that this forum is blessed with quite a few specialty experts
here on some of the many different phases of Solidworks, and yet for
some reason 3-D sketching is very rarely spoken of . I know that there
must be some finer points on the subject to cover than that particular
tutorial does, as fine a tutorial as it is.
I have a particular need to learn to sketch steam piping in many crazy
different and overlapping directions, for an antique steam powered boat
model , and I hope that the compass directions alone that the online
tutorial demonstrates is enough. Or is it?
Karen

From: modelsin3d on
Doesn't get much better than this....

This is a mouse tutorial that is really great at helping you understand
some 3D sketching.
http://www.productdesignforums.com/index.php?showtopic=230

Here are some others that you can check out as well
http://www.productdesignforums.com/index.php?showforum=60

another great site is
dimontegroup.com

From: Mike Schick on
I can let you have "Advanced Part Modeling"(14,647 KB) and "Sheet Metal &
Weldments"(6,192 KB) from the SolidWorks 2005 Training Manuals series if you
don't have them. Both have sections in them covering 3D Sketching. You also
will need the self-extracting part files for each (about 13.5 MB for 'Sheet
Metal & Weldments".I'm missing the part files for the "Advanced Part
Modeling" somehow. If anyone has these, I sure would appreciate your help.).
Hopefully you have a fast connex and a place (FTP server) to put these..

Mike S

From: Ed on

kareninventress(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> Would anyone here know of a tutorial for 3-D Sketching, other than the
> Wire Oven Rack, that is included in the Solidworks Online Tutorial?
> I know that this forum is blessed with quite a few specialty experts
> here on some of the many different phases of Solidworks, and yet for
> some reason 3-D sketching is very rarely spoken of . I know that there
> must be some finer points on the subject to cover than that particular
> tutorial does, as fine a tutorial as it is.
> I have a particular need to learn to sketch steam piping in many crazy
> different and overlapping directions, for an antique steam powered boat
> model , and I hope that the compass directions alone that the online
> tutorial demonstrates is enough. Or is it?
> Karen

The best tutorial that I have seen was from Mountain-Wave.com, (but I
can't remember exactly where). The tutorial is part of a bigger I-cast
and is fairly short/ simple but extremely informative.

Hope this helps.

Ed

From: jmather on
Here is another one.