From: Bee on
I compile my app with no errors and run it with no errors.
I tried both the Package & Deployment and also the VS Installer v1.1 and
they both say that 3 is missing, a file named 3. Just 3 and nothing else.
No extension etc.
But they give no other info, like where this is coming from.
I did not ever have anything named 3.
So, how do I search for this 3?
Might it be in one of those hidden parameters in the source files.
Any clues would be helpful.
What kind of statement might it be in to generate a need for 3?

From: Nobody on
"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I compile my app with no errors and run it with no errors.
> I tried both the Package & Deployment and also the VS Installer v1.1 and
> they both say that 3 is missing, a file named 3. Just 3 and nothing
> else.
> No extension etc.
> But they give no other info, like where this is coming from.
> I did not ever have anything named 3.
> So, how do I search for this 3?
> Might it be in one of those hidden parameters in the source files.
> Any clues would be helpful.
> What kind of statement might it be in to generate a need for 3?

Search the source for whole words, and your VBP file. Maybe you overwrote a
filename in "Declare" statement by mistake.

From: mayayana on
In addition to Nobody's advice, you might try
looking at the PDM file. If you tried the PDW then
it will have generated a PDM text file documenting
what it considers to be part of the project. That
might yield clues. It's basically a record of the PD
"wizard", formatted as a bloated but decipherable
INI file.

From: Bee on
(1) to much source to sift through. 3 all over the place. last resort.
(2) on XP pc I have to selecvt "skip" for 3 to complete the package so I am

not sure the offending 3 will show in the report.
(3) i tried on a vista pc and PDW dies with error code 80070008. whatever

that is. During loading package types.
Not enough storage space. Huh? I have 4G RAM on this PC and 15G HD freen on

C:

From: Nobody on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote in message
> In addition to Nobody's advice, you might try
> looking at the PDM file. If you tried the PDW then
> it will have generated a PDM text file documenting
> what it considers to be part of the project. That
> might yield clues. It's basically a record of the PD
> "wizard", formatted as a bloated but decipherable
> INI file.
>
>> I compile my app with no errors and run it with no errors.
>> I tried both the Package & Deployment and also the VS Installer v1.1 and
>> they both say that 3 is missing, a file named 3. Just 3 and nothing
> else.

Try mayayana suggestion above. I quoted it in case you didn't see his post.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: 'MappingInfo
Next: determine style of a mshflexgrid col