From: Eduardo on
I mapped a control into an Usercontrol.
(To do this add some control the an usercontrol, then from the menu
Project select 'Add Usercontrol', then select the control interface
wizzard, then in a few steps you'll be able to select the properties
that you need to map).

I see that before the properties declarations it add these lines:

'WARNING! DO NOT REMOVE OR MODIFY THE FOLLOWING COMMENTED LINES!
'MappingInfo=ControlName,ControlName,-1,PropertyName

What is it for?

I want to know (besides I'm curious) because I have two controls in the
Usercontrol and I need to map the properties to one control or another
depending on a property value, but I won't be able to change this fixed
mapping info (that I don't understand what is it for).

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.
From: Dee Earley on
On 23/10/2009 16:15, Eduardo wrote:
> I mapped a control into an Usercontrol.
> (To do this add some control the an usercontrol, then from the menu
> Project select 'Add Usercontrol', then select the control interface
> wizzard, then in a few steps you'll be able to select the properties
> that you need to map).
>
> I see that before the properties declarations it add these lines:
>
> 'WARNING! DO NOT REMOVE OR MODIFY THE FOLLOWING COMMENTED LINES!
> 'MappingInfo=ControlName,ControlName,-1,PropertyName
>
> What is it for?

It is used by the wizard if you want to use it to change things later.

> I want to know (besides I'm curious) because I have two controls in the
> Usercontrol and I need to map the properties to one control or another
> depending on a property value, but I won't be able to change this fixed
> mapping info (that I don't understand what is it for).

If you want the control to do more than it does now, then you will need
to make changes manually.
Personally, I'd remove the mapping comments, but only if you won't use
the wizard again.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Eduardo on

>> 'WARNING! DO NOT REMOVE OR MODIFY THE FOLLOWING COMMENTED LINES!
>> 'MappingInfo=ControlName,ControlName,-1,PropertyName
>>
>> What is it for?
>
> It is used by the wizard if you want to use it to change things later.
>
>> I want to know (besides I'm curious) because I have two controls in the
>> Usercontrol and I need to map the properties to one control or another
>> depending on a property value, but I won't be able to change this fixed
>> mapping info (that I don't understand what is it for).
>
> If you want the control to do more than it does now, then you will need
> to make changes manually.
> Personally, I'd remove the mapping comments, but only if you won't use
> the wizard again.

OK, Thanks.
From: Nobody on
Off topic: Please check your system clock and time zone. It seems to be an
hour off.

From: Eduardo on
> Off topic: Please check your system clock and time zone. It seems to be an
> hour off.

OK. I think I fixed it.

Pages: 1
Prev: ActiveX EXE Books etc?